Skip to main content

2013 Ao Yun Cabernet Sauvignon Ao Yun, Yunnan, China

In Bond case price:
£1,200.00
Country China
Region Yunnan
Producer Ao Yun
Vintage 2013
Type Red (Dry)
Grape Variety Cabernet Sauvignon
ABV 15.0%
Format 6x75cl
Packaging Original Wood Case
Duty Status In Bond
Notes Inaugural vintage
Provenance Purchased by Liquid Assets on release from a UK-based merchant; securely stored in a climate-controlled bonded facility
Availability 10+ cases

93 Liwen Hao, The Wine Advocate (October 2017)

This 2013 Ao Yun is a new star of China! The vineyard is backed by LVMH in Shangri-La, at the edge of the Himalayas. Cabernet Sauvignon dominates this wine with 90%, the other 10% is Cabernet Franc.

2013 is the first vintage. It is opaque, with a very deep ruby color. Elegant and restrained in style, it reveals scents of bell pepper, blackcurrant, prune and blackberry with subtle hints of dark chocolate, clove, tobacco and licorice. Refreshing on the palate, full-bodied and with very silky tannins, it has great concentration, perfect structure and a very long finish.

Read